Ayurveda is the lesser known sister science of Yoga. It is an ancient holistic healing system which believes that health goes beyond the physical. It aims to attune the body, mind, and spirit with nature and helps maintain & create health. The Vedic scriptures meant for Yoga & Ayurveda to be practiced together because we can only become our highest selves if we are our healthiest selves.
5 powerful Ayurvedic tips to integrate into your day:
- Go to bed & rise with the sun (around 10 p.m./6 a.m.)
- Eat whole, natural, fresh & seasonal food
- Don’t drink ice water (it reduces the digestive fire)
- Only put stuff on your skin that is edible
- Feed someone before you eat
By Nadja Theodora, Ayurvedic Lifestyle & Health Advisor in Miami and Zurich